Wednesday, June 4, 2008

3 Things

I read an article from Pray! earlier regarding 15 Ways to Make Prayer a Natural Part of Your Family's Life. Most of the suggestions seem to be quite useful and practical. I really like #3: "Whenever you see or hear about someone in need, take time to pray about it with your children." I like the idea of praying immediately for things. Often, when someone says, "Please pray for me" or "Please pray for so-and-so", I pray with them right at that moment.
The article spurned me onto a tangent, which I am prone to find. Answer this question for yourself: If you could only teach your kids 3 things, what would those 3 things be?
I have my 3, but they were difficult to come up with. I'd like to know your 3.
My three: 1) The meaning and implications of Christ's life, death and resurrection; 2) How God wants a relationship with everyone through each person's day to day life and through prayer and 3) How to stay away from financial debt.
Coming up with only 3 is very challenging, and chances are, if I answered the question once per month for a year, I'd probably come up with at least one different answer each month.

No comments: