Friday, July 4, 2008

Naked Pastor

That's a title that will grab your attention. That is the title of a blog created by David Hayward, who describes himself as a pastor trapped in an artist's body. His art and his blog posts are usually very pointed, insightful and disturbing. But, by disturbing, I mean creating turbulence much like a swimming pool cleaner creates turbulence within the water to get the muck moving towards the filter. In our nation, stagnation seems to occur rapidly and having a little disturbance now and again may be what the doctor ordered.
Take a look at his blog and take a look at his postings on Flickr. Here are a couple of my favorites....
The first time that I saw a few of his cartoons, I thought for sure he was some non-believer slamming Christians. As it turns out, he's a pastor slamming Christians who profess Jesus with their mouths, but deny them with their lives............ I'm alright with that; I need slammed on occasion apparently.
So, I warn you. If you are easily offended, you will be offended. But, if you are offended, chances are there is a good reason why you were offended, and you may want to spend some quiet time reflecting on your relationship with Christ.

No comments: