Wednesday, August 1, 2007

GFA - Worth Checking Out

Back in June, I made mention of Gospel for Asia, and since that time, have received my free book from them and have read about 3/4 of it so far.
Listen to me. Regardless of your spiritual state, regardless of your views on world missions, regardless of how wise or unwise you think you are, it is worth your 5 minutes to receive this book. If you do nothing but read the first 2 chapters, it would be worth it to you.
I have never had any interest whatsoever regarding world missions. If you would have asked me to name the top 5 most boring church services I've ever attended, at least 3 of them involved listening to someone's slide show or other presentation of some missionaries. I am serious.
The author of this book, however, has got it right. His approach is right on, and I am energized to support him. Not just that, reading his book has energized me spiritually period. Its about paradigms. I think mine has shifted....in a good way.
Do yourself a favor, check it out.

4 comments:

D said...

Praise God! It's encouraging to hear your heart as you read through this book. I work at GFA's Dallas-area office and it's a blessing when we hear from people whose hearts and lives have been challenged and changed. Would your church be interested in having one of our staff share at the church?

Mike Ardern said...

Good to read your post about that book. It's a great book, and KP's ministry has had a great impact on my life. Mike - GFA New Zealand

Anonymous said...

How would I get one of these books?

-Nathan

4xGraceRUSaved said...

You may obtain one of the books simply by going to the GFA website, and filling in a simple form. http://www.gfa.org/