Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Amazing Grace

I attended a Promise Keepers conference in 1995 at RFK in Washington DC. It was a spiritually transforming weekend for me and for thousands of other men. There were over 52,000 men in attendance at the event, and it was a thing of wonder to hear us all singing together praises and adorations to God.
One song that I remember singing was Amazing Grace. It was lead by a man named Wintley Phipps and literally transformed that football stadium into a heavenly place on earth. He shared his interpretation of the origins of the song. I have shared this story with multiple people over the past 12 years. Well tonight, I ran into a video of that very night at RFK, and if you will click on Amazing Grace, you can be transported back to 1995. Look carefully. I was sitting on the field section on the right, towards the middle, in the 6th to last row. You just might see me. Remember though, back then I had hair.

1 comment:

Green said...

Promise Keepers is such a wonderful experience. I attended my first time last year and it was really a blessing. Going to try to head up to the one in Cincinnati this year