Wednesday, April 4, 2007

First Blog from a man in need of a Savior

Greetings blogging world. It is absolutely amazing how in a world where people are too busy to sit down and have dinner with each other, too busy to sit on the front porch swing, too busy to visit each other and too busy to spend a few minutes in prayer to a Lord that desires a relationship with them, that Blogging has absolutely exploded in popularity. I have been impressed with many of the sites that I've visited in terms of thoughtfulness, creativity, and clarity. Without being overly idealistic, it is almost as if journaling in this fashion has become a type of prayer method for some people...... expressing their pains, joys, fears, hopes, frustrations, needs and awe of their life experience.
Over the past decade, I have become increasingly convinced that humans are utilizing their brains less and less. It has been my contention that a majority of Americans have very rare occasions when they actually venture into an original thought, and are blissfully walking through life as dumb driven cattle; similar to a close up on Homer Simpson's brain processes displaying a TV Test Pattern. However, scanning through multiple different blogs, over the past few weeks, has radically altered my opinion. I have read real people writing on topics of meaning utilizing correct grammar and making valid points that obviously required the use of grey matter.
So, what's the point? My thought is that if we are actually capable of generating original thoughts and are capable of finding time in this overly busy world to reach out to the world to express ourselves and to respond to others' expressions of self, then maybe we can become capable of treating each other with love as Jesus expressed as major priority.
It is my hope/desire to utilize this blog not as an opportunity to demonstrate my immense intelligence......... because it usually only takes about a sentence, if not just a word or two, to demonstrate my amazing ignorance.... but, instead to utilize it as a way to reach out to a world in need of a Savior. I pray that God will be able to utilize His servants to encourage each other, extend their hand to others and do His Will for the purposes of His Kingdom.
Heavenly Father, you are the maker of all things and you are deserving of our praises and our service. Thank you, God, for your forgiveness, mercy and faithfulness. Thank you for the beauty that surrounds us, and allowing us to share in this world that you created for us. Forgive me, Lord, for my pride in myself and quickness to judge others in my own ignorance. I ask you to mold me into the servant that you would like me to be. Conform me to meet your needs. Lord, I ask you to place an urgency within me to seek your Kingdom first, and supply my needs for seeking your Kingdom. Utilize our website and this blog to your glory and purposes only. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments: