Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Great Commission Prayer Conference


The Great Commission Prayer Conference March 30-31 in Louisville, KY was sensational. From start to finish, I have nothing but praise for the job that Eric Allen and his associates did in preparing this year's conference. The speakers and musicians did amazing jobs, and the choice of Richard Blackaby, as the guest speaker was excellent.
Each year I have come away from the conference with one main thought to chew on and to share with my brothers and sisters at my home church.

Last year's thought was:
Listen - God still speaks

This year the primary message I brought home with me was:
Pray for the Kingdom and let God use you for the Kingdom.

This was exactly the message I needed to hear. God wants us to rely on His sufficiency and on his plan for us. Pray for His Will to be done and then expect your life to be used in His Way; even if it means not sleeping for multiple nights for multiple months.
God is able to use all things to make good come from
it..............however, the "good" may not be evident to you at the time. Trust that He will use your life in a meaningful way. Chances are that He already is.

At lunch on Saturday, many of the prayer coordinators/directors/ leaders in attendance at the conference had the pleasure of meeting for dialogue. [It was called a Dialogue Lunch - someone asked me what that meant, and I said, "I think it means that we may be eating our words."]
This lunch was helpful to many of us for multiple different reasons: new ideas, networking, re-energizing, refocusing and getting oriented. For me it was reassuring to see so many like-minded people with similar stories, similar concerns, similar failings, similar victories, similar frustrations, similar goals and definitely similar love for a Savior who loved us first.

I look forward to growing in Christ with you all, and I pray that God will let His Kingdom to come into your lives in a real way, that He will provide you with your needs so that you continue to seek Him first in all things, and that his continuous presence will be sensed by you through every waking hour of your lives.

God Bless you and keep you near to Him,

No comments: