Saturday, April 28, 2007

Camp Nathanael

My wife, Debi, and I took part in a "Couples Retreat" at Camp Nathanael in Knott County, KY this weekend. It was an excellent experience for us, and will likely be an event that we will look back on years from now and say, "That really made a positive impact on our relationship." This event takes place annually, and is held the last weekend of April. If I remember correctly, this was the 16th such event held here. Our cousins Tim and Kim, who invited us to attend, have been to the retreat 13 different times, and plan on returning as many more as the Lord will allow.
The retreat was remarkable for many reasons: excellent speaker, thought provoking knee slapping skits, excellent subject matter, excellent food, calming environment, fun activities, excellent food, great accommodations, lots of laughter, great worship music, great staff, great fellow retreaters, and did I mention excellent food?
I highly recommend that all couples consider attending this event next year. Further, I recommend that you go to the Camp Nathanael website, and learn more about this amazing place that has been performing an amazing ministry for 75 years now. They have events going on year round for all age groups. I will be creating more posts in the future regarding events.

No comments: